Effective date: October 29, 2020
Table of Contents
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Other Sites, Applications and Services
- Security Practices
- International Data Transfers
- How to Contact Us
- Important Information for California Residents
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number.
- Registration data, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, and any content, text and images, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Communications, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us.
- Applicant data, such as your characteristics (e.g., race, gender (including gender pronoun), and sexual orientation) and any additional applicant provided information (e.g., business plans, pitch decks, use of proceeds plans, or relevant social media account information, if applicable).
- Financial data, such as your stated income, economic standing, information about your financial assets and liabilities, employment history and other information necessary to perform a background check or determine your eligibility.
- Identity data, such as a national identification number (e.g., tax identification number, and employer identification number).
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Service, including but not limited, your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier , browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; information about your use of and actions on the Service, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access; and other personal information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Service delivery. Ureeka uses your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service;
- provide information about the Grant Program;
- help us verify your identity and perform a background check;
- communicate with you during and after the approval process;
- review and render decisions regarding your Grant Program application;
- service your grant award over time in connection with the Grant Program;
- establish and maintain your account on the Service;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; and to respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. Ureeka collects information regarding your use of the Service to analyze and improve the Service, including by studying user demographics and use of the Service.
To comply with law. Ureeka uses your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that would reasonably identify, relate to, describe, be capable of being associated with, or be linked, directly or indirectly, to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution (collectively, “Business Transfer”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, outside of a Business Transfer, we will not sell your personal information for monetary consideration.
Judges. We may share your information with volunteer judges to help us administer, evaluate applicant’s ability to qualify for, judge your application for, and/or otherwise carry out any aspect of, the Grant Program.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Access or update your personal information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Service to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our Services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Other Sites, Applications and Services
The Service may contain links to other websites, applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, applications and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, applications and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We implement and maintain a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States, Canada or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
Children under 13 are not permitted to use the Service, and we do not knowingly collect personal information of a child under 13.. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will delete it. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with information about them, please contact us as described below.
How to Contact Us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Attn: Legal – Privacy
329 Primrose Rd. #117584
Burlingame, CA 94011